Today is the first day in about a week and a half that I didn’t feel like sticking my head in a bucket of Skittles and washing it down with a dangerously hoppy IPA while crying. This is good news. It’s my personal belief that the world was slightly off kilter last week. That’s what I think.
Now that I’ve settled down, I’m prepared to tell you about some things that I’m really quite enjoying right now. It’s kind of like Oprah’s favorite things but without the incessant screaming and hugging of the complete strangers next to you. I mean, feel free to hug the person next to you… I guess.
1. My iPad. I’m not quite sure how I lived before my iPad. I like to put my iPhone and iPad next to each other at night. They cuddle. I don’t know why there are fools out there that believe they still need computers and laptops. iPads are the future… and the future is now. I have read more books in the months that I’ve owned this iPad than in my entire adult life. I also watch a hell of a lot of HBO Go and Netflix on this bad boy.
2. Curry rice. Rice cooker filled with rice and water. Couple shakes of curry powder, turmeric, paprika, and garlic. Cook. Mix with veggies. Enjoy. Bachelorette meal at it’s finest.
3. Scarves. If you haven’t seen me through a full winter yet, you might not know that I wear a scarf every day from mid October to roughly May. If you know what I do for a living, you might question whether or not this is a safe choice. I think you’re kinda right, but I wear them anyway.
4. Stickin’ pumpkin in shit. You may remember this from my last post. I am really likin’ pumpkin right now. Stick it in anything and… WABAM! Flavor and nutrition!
5. Skype and face to face. Why would you talk on the phone when you can talk face to face? If you’re a close friend, you’ve probably seen me in the last month or so on the other end of your screen. I was probably wearing my pink fuzzy robe with a towel turban as my accessory. For some reason I always seem to be ready to Skype after a shower…
6. My pony. With the help of 8,304 bobby pins, my hair is now long enough for a mini-ponytail. I feel like freaking Rapunzel.
7. Candles. If I were to leave my blinds open and my neighbors were to see in through my window they would surely think I was having a seance. I like to light about a dozen candles, lie face down on my bed, and scream “SERENITY NOW!” into my mattress. Is it “lie” or “lay”? UGH! I need a candle break.
8. “Game of Thrones”. Sure, I’ve fallen asleep during almost every single episode, but I really truly do it enjoy it. I blame all of the overall darkness of each scene on my narcoleptic episodes.
Things to be happy about:
– It didn’t rain today.
– I went to the dentist and didn’t have any cavities.
– My mom turned 61 on Saturday!
– I don’t have school on Friday!
Peace, love, and patchouli – Portland Pollyanna