Saturday afternoon – Kiel and I very unexpectedly joined in on an anti-austerity march. Kiel literally pulled me off of the train on the way to another destination because he was intrigued. It was very Portland. I carried a sign I found that read “fund schools, not wars”. Amen. Other highlights included nearly getting run over by a giant horse and finding some awesome shirts that read “I am a teacher, not a test score.” Again, amen.
Saturday night – Jens Lekman concert. Seriously one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Small venue, positive vibes, dancing and singing along. I have to admit, I didn’t know who the hell he was until Saturday night, but I’m glad I was introduced to this sweet Swedish wonder!
A November goal:
Mail is pretty cool. Wouldn’t you agree? I’m REALLY bad at sending it, and never seem to have stamps, but people seem pretty happy when they receive it, and, bonus, I would rather the US Postal Service not completely tank. With that said, I’ve decided to set a November goal for myself. I vow to send out at least one piece of friendly mail per week beginning this week, the week of November 5th. I say one piece of mail per week as to not set myself up for failure (shoot low)… but I’d rather try for 2-3 pieces.
Looking forward to this week:
– Election night at Bagdad Theater
– Hopefully setting up a much needed happy hour with co-workers… you guys readin’?
– Not having my grad class on Thursday night. Last week I was so bored that I wrote my complete name, Kathryn Marie Laudermilk, in cursive roughly 500 times on my powerpoint notes.
Things to be happy about:
– New boots that have working zippers
– Amsterdam trip planning
– Roommate pizza dinner tonight
– A boyfriend that is slowly teaching me to be ok with being a bit more spontaneous. I’m black and white and he’s the whole beautiful crayon box.
– A long Maura phone conversation on the way to the grocery store. I hear there’s going to be a Coop vacancy soon. Move back? kthanksbye.
Peace, love, and patchouli – Portland Pollyanna